Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Younique Product review

My friend Maggie approached me about sending me some products from the brand Younique since she has recently become a representative. I am always looking for new things to share with you and I myself have been curious of the brand so of course I said YES! :)


She sent me quite a few product samples to review and show you (plus the amazing Fiber Lashes kit!!). For this post I will be reviewing: Awake Facial Cleanser, Brilliant Daily Moisturizing Gel, Moodstruck Glorious Face and Eye Primer, BB Flawless Complexion Enhancer, and Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes.


The packaging that the Younique products are sent in is so cute!


The Fiber Lashes came in this black printed padded envelope. I was super excited to open it!


Inside there was pretty purple tissue paper with the Younique logo printed all over it and a really nice case for the Fiber Lashes. (I was super impressed so far!)




Doesn't it look really great? I love the concept!

First product: Awake Facial Cleanser



The Awake Facial Cleanser comes in a 100 g squeeze tube. (I just have the sample here so if you want to see the packaging check out the product listing). It is made with Garden Chrysanthemum, Aloe Vera, and Licorice Root and is a really cool liquid metal color!

I nearly forgot I had this sample but I used it this morning after my run (Ew I was super hot and sweaty) in my shower. A little bit goes a long way with this one. Simply squirt a dime size (or less) amount into your fingertips and apply in circular motions on your damp face. Rinse with warm water. I was impressed with this cleanser because normally I use a facial wash that has micro beads in it and I wasn't sure how this one would feel. . . would it make my face feel slimy. . . would it feel clean? No slime feeling! It was more of a smooth luxurious feeling while applying and after washing it off my face felt firm and tight. There was no sign of dirt/grossness left from my morning run.


The following information in italics is taken from the product listing on the Younique website:

Awake contains a range of beneficial ingredients that awaken and cleanse the skin. Its thick texture transforms into an effective lather to dissolve oil and makeup, rinsing away pore-clogging surface debris, impurities, and excess oil. It refines the skin texture, brightens skin clarity, and minimizes the look of pores over time.

The Awake Facial Cleanser is available for purchase on the Younique website for: $39


The next product I'll be talking about is: Brilliant Daily Moisturizing Gel


Again, my sample came in this cute little container (see picture below), but your product will come in a different container and contain 60 g of product (check out the product listing for pictures!)




The Brilliant Daily Moisturizing Gel is made with Natural Silver, Ginseng and Pearl Powder from Freshwater Pearls and costs only $39.

Again, a little bit goes a long way. In fact. . . I put WAY too much on my first time! Take it from me. . . you only need to scoop maybe one of those white pearls out for each side of your face. ;) Either way, my face felt hydrated, moisturized and toned. (Seriously, I felt super gorgeous after using all of these products).

The following information in italics is taken from the products listing on the Younique website:

Brilliant Moisturizing Gel is a rich and restorative facial moisturizer that is formulated to leave the skin hydrated, energized, and healthy as it nourishes the skin with powerful ingredients. Brilliant leaves your skin feeling revitalized, toned, and radiant.

Next I used the Moodstruck Glorious Face & Eye Primer:

My sample came in the cute little sample jar but your product will come in a very fancy/sophisticated 40mL dispenser for only $39! Check out the product's listing for pictures.



(Excuse my face. . . I'm not used to posting it on here! LOL)


You can use the Moodstruck Glorious Face & Eye Primer just as the name describes, for your face or eyes. I used it on my face in the picture above. Looks pretty good huh? I just recently started using primers before makeup on the occasional basis. I really like the Younique brand primer. It is comparable to other brands that I've tried such as: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, and TooFaced Primed & Poreless. Prices are comparable as well. Honestly, it just depends on your preference. I say give this one a try!


Next Maggie sent me the BB Flawless Complexion Enhancer in Bisque:


(Excuse my face again!! LOL)

I think she did a pretty good job matching my skin tone don't you? I really loved the BB Flawless Complexion Enhancer! I usually use CoverGirl (I know, I know) so this was a really nice treat!


You use the BB Cream as a base for powder concealers, however I just used it alone!

It comes in a 50mL container and in multiple skin tones: Cream, Bisque, Honey, Caramel, Chestnut and Carob. It's $39 also, but completely worth it because it goes a long way! I have a tiny sample container (like in the pictures of the samples above) and I'm still going strong after a week. (On my to buy list for sure).

Now onto the Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes that I teased you with earlier!

First you need to apply your regular mascara and let it dry.



Then you apply the Moodstuck transplanting gel to your lashes, while it is still wet apply the fibers then top with transplanting gel again to secure the fibers in place. (It is recommended to do one eye at a time.)

Now as you can see. . . I have long lashes as it is when I put on mascara. But holy wow! Check this out!






The Moodstuck 3D Fiber Lashes are available for purchase for only $29 on the Younique website. I can tell already that the kit will last quite sometime before you need to buy more so don't be shocked by the price! 


Maggie  set up an online party for my blog where you can buy the products through. :) If you buy please buy through this link! :) THANK YOU!

https://www.youniqueproducts.com/MaggieGravelle/party/384292/view

No comments:

Post a Comment