Monday, June 9, 2014

Adovia Mineral Mud Shampoo review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.





Information italicized is taken from the products website: CleopatrasChoice.com

Size: 7.4 fl oz / 220 ml
- with Dead Sea Mud, Olive Oil and Aloe Vera
- Formulated with pure Dead Sea mud and natural moisturizers such as Olive Oil, Grape Seed Oil and Aloe Vera.
- Dead Sea Minerals present in the mud provide relief for a dry or irritated scalp and leave hair naturally moisturized, fuller and manageable.
- Vitamin E strengthens the hair root and Chamomile leaves your hair soft and flexible.
- Formula based on Dead Sea Mud brings relief from the symptoms of Seborrhea Dermatitis, Psoriasis and other scalp-related problems such as Dandruff.

Directions: Apply to the Scalp and massage gently for 2-3 minutes. Rinse, apply shampoo again and leave for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.


Ingredients:

Demineralised Water (Aqua) & Dead Sea Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide Dea, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycol Stearate, Propylene Glycol & Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract & Algae Extract & Papaya (Carica Papaya) Extract & Aloe Vera (Barbadensis) Gel, Sodium Chloride, Dead Sea Salt, Polyquaternium – 7, Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Germ Oil, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Carrot (Daucus Carota) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit E), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

As you can see from the pictures, I have not been using the Adovia Mineral Mud Shampoo very long. I've used it probably a week tops. Mostly because when I first used it my hair felt so tangled in the shower. I hate feeling like I can't brush my fingers through my hair while I'm showering. Literally it felt like a "rat's nest" of tangles. I stopped using the shampoo for a couple of weeks but this past week I decided to give it a try again. I'm really glad I did. I must have had some other issue going on with my hair the first day I tried because this whole past week my hair has been fine.

While I have not had any scalp related problems, my hair is very fine and thin. If I blow dry my hair straight it won't look very full. I found that my hair seemed like it had a lot more body to it after using this shampoo. I paired it up with a conditioner from the same company (review to come soon).

Pros: The shampoo lathers really well and leaves your hair and scalp feeling clean (which I REALLY need after my morning runs!)

Cons: The bottle is a little on the expensive side ranging from $23 on the CleopatrasChoice.com website and $27 on amazon.


Will I buy this product in the future?
- Due to price. . . probably not, I have use a different brand that I can get shampoo and conditioner 3 times the size for a little over the price of this shampoo.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment